KLM, or the Royal Dutch Airlines, is using its retired Airplane, KLM MD-11, as a well maintained and furnished Hotel for a vacation. This is a pretty smart and sweet endeavour from them and is used as a promotional Stunt.
This stay will be gifted to the winner of a contest organized by them.
If you are thinking that it is parked in a beautiful location full of scenic beauty or blue water or an exotic island, then for your surprise this is parked in the busy Amsterdam’s bustling Schiphol airport. It has has two bedrooms, eight bathrooms, TV, air conditioning, and home theater with a stock of movies, library, kitchen, a gaming console, WiFi/INTERNET.
However it has few rules to follow, which include:
1. It will strictly not fly.
2. Use of inflatable emergency slide is prohibited. (in case you imitate Superman Landing)
3. Smoking, Alcohol is prohibited.
4. Please treat the plane like you would treat your own plane.
5. No Safety Demonstrations.
So Whats Your Plan-e? Do you want to stay in Airplane-Apartment?
Photo Courtesy: Airbnb.co.in